TEACHER EVALUATIONS: WHERE IS THE RAGE?

Refuse to be a willing victim.

There is a point where teachers themselves must stop arguing about some finely worded minutia in their evaluations. The argument had been framed beforehand by people who want career educators fired in order to hire cheaper labor.
You were set-up to be the loser.

Refuse to be a willing victim.

How? Fight back.

Stop sniveling, whimpering and simpering. Put your evaluation reality in writing.

“How dare you evaluate my teaching ability based upon developmentally inappropriate standardized test scores while forcing me to teach to these expensive, invalid tests you have never seen.”

How dare you RR

This is just one example of what to attach as a rebuttal to your evaluation. Personalize your own.

The majority of people who pay taxes to support a school district need to know what is going on from the career teachers who are being abused with rigged evaluations.

Teachers, especially those of you who are losing your jobs now or soon, need to face the reality. You were publicly shamed and unfairly fired. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Fight back by starting a personal lawsuit, not a collective bargaining suit. Your career and salary are over. You personally are the victim of defamation of character, libel, slander, etc. You have suffered by being unjustly maligned, reviled, abused, vilified, and abused. You have been labeled a loser for all potential jobs in your future. Those people who repeated, verbally and in writing, that you deserved to lose your job need to be held accountable.

Sue their sorry butts off.

Who should you sue? Every individual who took part in your defamatory evaluation: the person who wrote it, the principal, every administrator who touched or filed it, the superintendent who signed on to it, and every individual board member who wrote or verbally repeated your name.

“But the school district might lose money. Some people might lose their jobs.” Yes. That is the point. Hit them all in the wallet. Nothing stops abuse better than taking money from abusers and those who stood by watching the abuse. The news media loves these stories. Yes, it won’t be easy. Yes, you deserve every dime you sue for. That is also part of your reality if you choose to not shamefacedly accept your now public-record label as a loser.

Publicly show how evaluations are rigged. You are losing your reputation and future income based in many cases upon classes or subjects you never taught and/or students you do not have in class. Imagine sitting in court and explaining this absurdity aloud.

Until enough teachers fight back in the face of their humiliating evaluations, rigged evaluations will continue and more excellent teachers will be fired. Take the money you deserve and save the teaching profession. Who knows? Perhaps more informed school boards will admire your true character and hire you to teach their children who would benefit by your example.

Refuse to be a willing victim.

——————–

By the way, refuse to be a willing victim.

———————

—–

Advertisements

About Ken Previti

This entry was posted in betrayal, Common Core CCSS, corporate education reform, fairness, lies, propaganda, public education, testing, wage theft and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to TEACHER EVALUATIONS: WHERE IS THE RAGE?

1. Peter Ellertsen says:

This may be what finally puts the brakes on corporate school “reform.” I worked with VAM assessment in higher ed — it is, at best, a pseudoscience. The standardized tests are so invalid and unreliable, it wouldn’t be hard to present evidence that they are arbitrary, capricious and unlawful. Sheri Lederman’s lawsuit, which makes that argument, is already pending in New York state, and there will be plenty more as their new teacher evaluation standards take effect.

2. Christi says:

They just laid off two teachers at our elementary school. One was my teacher when I was a student teacher. She taught both of my students. She IS highly effective. She instilled a LOVE of reading into students. Unmatched. I will be reading this article at our board meeting on Monday.

• Ken Previti says:

Thanks for letting me know this. Good luck at the board meeting.
      Since most board members believe they are free of personal responsibility and liability, this might prove interesting. The board attorney might bluster and make sounds to appear as though he is earning his keep, but the lawyer realizes there are limits that many board members across America violate daily.
      I once had a board of education attorney tell me that he could make a full time business from going after individual school board members who have gone too far with students and teachers. I believed him.

3. Donna says:

Three years ago I became a target of a new principal. I am a veteran teacher of 14 years. Early in the year he called me into his office after my morning duty to tell me my “personality had changed”. I asked him to explain exactly how it had changed. He gave no answer, picked up the phone and called HR to say I would be taking a break using FMLA. Fast forward to the next school year and a parent came to see me at back to school night. She told me she had been told by the front office that I had had a nervous break down and did not want to teach children.
    Who do I sue? The principal is long gone and I moved onto a different school district.

• Ken Previti says:

I have no idea what could be done legally about a three year old event with the offending person missing. Perhaps you could find one of those free para-legal groups who could advise you.

4. In case this helps anyone, please feel free to explore/share: http://bit.ly/testing_testing For those in SBAC states, the original RTTT SmarterBalanced Proposal is linked and a “close read” of it (esp. p. 47-50) reveals clear failure on the part of the testing consortium to meet its own basic standards for testing and accountability. How can policy decisions be made based on a test that has not been validated and that has been designed with a grant with assurances and terms that have yet to be fulfilled?

5. maria says:

The educated know the purposed of valid research in modifying effective teaching..why then, are we reverting back to test scores, similar to the regents exams of NY in the 60’s? Having received (?) evaluations from all manner of administrators over 35 years, the most of which were comical, at best, one of the best summations being, I turned in my written lesson plans late 3 times during the school year. I told him if that was all I did wrong, anyone reading this would know I was nigh onto perfect..jokes continue..Teachers..come back when the pseudo intellectuals (politicos) and incompetents bow out.

6. Pingback: TEACHER EVALUATIONS: WHERE IS THE RAGE? | IEA Voice

7. Torii says:

The problem is finding a lawyer to take my case.