How can the Illinois Education Association be improved from within?
By voting for representatives who speak for our best interests. The ballot for the election of IEA-Retired representatives has been sent to members. Retirees are asked to vote for no more than 20 candidates to represent them and do more than nod at bad decisions that hurt us all.
Please vote for:
005 Fred Klonsky
007 Mary Richie
010 John Dillon
017 Jack Tucker
033 Glen Brown
Yes, there are other excellent candidates, but these five are specifically dedicated to –
“We are running as candidates to represent the IEA Retired at the 2015 IEA Representative Assembly. We share the following beliefs. (This is not a criticism of others who are running as delegates. We strongly believe in a diversity of views).
1. We believe the IEA leadership needs to improve communication with its membership.
2. We believe the IEA leadership should be more transparent in its decision-making process.
3. We believe retirees should have a stronger voice (more representation) in the decision-making process of the Association.
4. We believe our Association should take a more significant and active role in defending our schools, our members, and our students from corporate school reform schemes such as charter schools, vouchers, Common Core, Race to the Top and teacher evaluations based on student test scores.
5. We believe in defending our contractual and constitutional pension benefits and rights without apologies, concessions or compromise.”
– Jack Tucker, Mary Richie, Glen Brown, John Dillon and Fred Klonsky
Please share this with any friends and associates who are eligible to vote.
A small number can make a huge difference.